Bagels with Smoked Salmon
6 ProPoints value
Prep time: 5 minute
Treat yourself to the classic New York breakfast of smoked salmon and cream cheese on a bagel. Smoked salmon also goes well with egg and pasta dishes.
- 1 individual white bagel, halved 40 g
- light cream cheese (chive and onion flavour)
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 20 g rocket leaves
- Toast bagel halves and spread with cream cheese.
- Top each half with smoked salmon and drizzle with juice.
- Sprinkle with chives and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve bagels with rocket.
With the recipe in hand, and all of the ingredients gathered, Seth (with help from Dad) set up making me a special Mother's Day brekky...complete with a cup of tea in my favourite mug. Let me just say...it was delicious and really filling! The perfect start to the day.
How old were your children when you started teaching them how to cook?