I was recently sent a few packets of Mr Beak's sausages to try, along with a delicious looking recipe to test drive. The sausages we normally purchase from the supermarket are the in-house beef variety...nothing as gourmet as Mr Beak's. Let me tell you, the smell wafting through our house while they were cooking was nothing short of mouth-watering! This recipe was incredibly easy to follow, and even the kids were salivating. One packet of Mr Beak's original beef sausages contains six sausages...plenty for a family of four...though you could add an extra packet into the recipe without adjusting the rest of the ingredients.
Mr Beak’s Original Cider Roasted Sausages with Apples
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil 800g baby red delight potatoes, washed and cut into quarters
- 1 packet of Mr Beaks Original Beef Sausages
- 2 bulbs of garlic, cut in half crossways
- 4 red apples, cut in half
- 250ml apple cider
- ½ bunch of sage
- 3 springs rosemary
- Salad to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Drizzle one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil onto the base of a large baking dish, place potatoes and sausages on top, arrange the garlic and apples cut side up around the sausages.
- Pour the cider over, scatter the sage and rosemary and drizzle the remaining olive oil over all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and roast for approximately 45 minutes until the sausages and potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve this simple and easy dish as is on the table with a fresh garden salad at your next Sunday lunch and enjoy the sweet apples and garlic alongside Mr Beak’s Sausages!
So, will we be trying Mr Beak's gourmet sausages again? You bet. This is a big call, but they were quite possibly the best sausages I've ever eaten. Mr Beak's are currently available from Woolworths supermarkets.
Disclosure: We were provided with complimentary product for review purposes. No money was offered nor requested for this post. All opinions expressed are those of Lisa Warren of the Life as we know it blog.