Spinach, feta, and sundried tomato muffins
Makes 12 muffins | 5.5 ProPoints per muffin
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 150g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- good pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 100g Weight Watchers canola spread, melted
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 150g feta, crumbled or diced
- Preheat oven to 200c and coat a muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Place sundried tomatoes in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes, then drain well and chop.
- Squeeze excess moisture from spinach.
- Sift flours and season with cayenne.
- Beat together eggs, spinach, buttermilk and butter. Add to flour.
- Add the tomatoes and feta to the mixture, and fold together gently until just combined. Spoon into muffin tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and risen. Leave in tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.
They also make a great addition to your child's school lunch box, or perhaps a simple lunch for yourself. Just add a green salad and voila! Enjoy.
PS. Will your kids like them? hmmm....
Seth: Who are you baking them for?
Andrew: They're for all of us.
Seth: What did I ever do to you??!
lol...after tasting one, Seth decided they were delicious! So, that's a yes.