Welcome to Tropical week on Mood Board Monday. Here's a few ways you can inject a little bit of the tropical vibe into your life.
- As I've said before, I have birds in nearly every room of my house...however, there's always room for more! A set of these Antique Bird Prints from etsy seller Gnosis Picture Archive would be a very colourful and welcome addition to any living space.
- Hawaiian cake decorators, Cake Lava, couldn't have created a better tropical-themed cake with their classic bamboo and hibiscus cake.
- Although the items featured in this stunning Balinese-inspired space have been sourced from all over the world, it's this gorgeous teal four poster bed that reinforces the tropical vibe. As designer Made Wijaya says "In the tropics, it feels cooler to be less bright.". I couldn't agree more!
- Looking to add a little bit of the tropics? Try painting a piece of cane furniture to coordinate with your existing decor, such as this Peacock cabinet in lemon, available from The Family Love Tree
- A Classic empire chandelier made entirely of pure white shells, would make a fantastic feature over your dining table. This one is available from Made Goods.
- Okay, so may tropical decor isn't your thing. Why not through a tropical-themed party instead? Set the theme with these Let's Do Cocktails, printable invitations and tutorial by Oh Happy Day
- Tropical = beach, yes? Add a little Beachcomber basket from Pottery Barn. Great for storing your thongs (aka flip flops) by the front door.
- Why not go all out, and create the ultimate Tropical dining space such as this one created by designer, Molly Luetkemeyer of M.Design Interiors. The Kelly green wallpaper mural is an absolute standout! You'd be right on trend too with Pantone's colour of 2013. For such a dark colour, this room remains light and vibrant.
Link up your mood board below. Submissions are open until Sunday, 20 October 2013 at 11.55pm.
Next week's theme: NEUTRAL!
For information on how to play, please read here. Grab a button!
get the InLinkz code