I remember back in the 80's, everything had a metallic sheen. It wasn't cool at all...but like neon, metallics have been given a major makeover!
Gold, silver, copper, pewter...it's all good! No longer do you have to stick to just one...combine them for a fun, unique look.
Here are a few metallics that are catching my eye at the moment...
- As always, I've kicked off this week's mood board with a stunning metallic two-tiered cake by Sydney-baker, Yummy Cupcakes and Cakes. Love it's understated style.
- The crafter in me is loving gold washi tape and baker's twine! Hello scrapbook layouts, cards, wrapping, you name it!!
- I do love a DIY! How about these gold dipped feathers as seen on the Copenhaven blog.
- Add a little metallic print to your decor, like this Hello print from SS Print Shop
- Metallic gold chevron pillow cover Kyle Wayne Taylor Home
- Stunning copper decor as seen in the October 2013 issue of Living Etc...sneak peek on the Poppytalk blog
- Spray paint baby's breathe in gold like this shown on the Save on Crafts...now that's a fab way to update this classic foliage.
- Who says you have to keep it looking the same as the flatpack? Love the effect of this gold desk Ikea hack on the Just Bella blog...especially with the gold polka dot wall decals.
Link up your mood board below. Submissions are open until Sunday, 22 September 2013 at 11.55pm.
Next week's theme: HEXAGONAL!
For information on how to play, please read here. Grab a button...