This week we're exploring every shade of green!
Emerald green was named Pantone's colour of the year for 2013, and with good reason. It's deep tone works with so many colours...it's bold enough to stand on it's own, and can compliment any living space. To quote Pantone, it's "Lively. Radiant. Lush… A colour of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony."
Here's a few emerald green pieces that have caught my eye lately...oh, and of course I've included a beautiful cake. There are so many talented cake decorators out there...I wish I could showcase them all!
- I love the idea of revamping a thrift shop find with a little paint, such as this sweet little chest painted by designer Nick Olsen (as seen on Home Beautiful). The emerald and white chevron pattern is so striking!
- I was instantly drawn to this geometric green cake created by Hey there, Cupcake! The patterns and use of colour are just beautiful.
- Ikea have just released their classic Stockholm three-seater sofa in soft emerald green velvet. If I didn't already have a lounge, this one would be at the top of my list.
- My son has a yellow Campaign desk that is in desperate need of a repaint. Centsational Girl has inspired me with her revamp of her Campaign desk. The brass fittings look so good against the emerald green.
- You could make your love of emerald green more permanent in your home by installing lavastone flooring such as this one by Made A Mano. Just imagine that space furnished in white and beige, with touches of black...stunning!
- If you feel like a DIY project, you could stencil your own rug in emerald green like this one featured on the Cutting Edge Stencils blog. Love that pattern against all of the solid pieces.
- We actually have this Quercus & Co tapestry wallpaper print in emerald at home...waiting to be framed and added to our soon to be redecorated living space. I can't wait to show it to you in situ! You may remember this print from Trixie and Johnno's foyer on The Block Sky High this year.
Is it easy being green? I sure think so! What's your favourite shade?
Link up your mood board below. Submissions are open until Sunday, 15 September 2013 at 11.55pm.
Next week's theme: NEON