Welcome to week three of Mood Board Monday! This week, we're creating mood boards based on the classic colour scheme "Black and White".
I thought I'd try something a little different this time, and use an image as inspiration. I was instantly drawn to this striking image from an article titled The White House featured in Norwegian publication "Interior Magasinet". The simplicity of this black and white room is just stunning. As beautiful as it is, I started imaging what other elements I could add to the room to give it a little more personality...
My mood board includes additional pieces of furniture, lighting, and accessories that would add a little softness, pattern and texture to the "blank canvas" featured above...
- Bahamas pendant light - Beacon Lighting
- Stockholm sofa - Ikea
- Ruby Star Traders - Bone inlay four drawer chest - Crate Expectations
- Lilypad Mandala print - Lumiere Art & Co
- Stoneleigh & Roberson lamp with petal groove base
- Mira rug in graphite - West Elm
- Two way side table in white - Freedom Furniture
- Rydge vessel - Freedom Furniture
- Chevron vessel - Freedom Furniture
- Zebra cushion - Mrs Darcy
- Aura Smoke Crosses cushion - Domayne
- Aura Smoke Big Spot cushion - Domayne
- Stockholm cushion - Ikea
- Mercer & Reid Balthazar Licorice cushion - Adairs
- The jumping off point for this mood board was this stunning cake by Maggie Austin. Her ruffle work is just amazing, as are her handmade flowers.
- What's a party without the perfect invitation? Loving the mix of fonts used in this letterpress invitation created by etsy seller Mailbox Bliss.
- Give your rubber stamps extra life by creating hand stamped cookies using food colouring...follow this simple DIY tutorial. Wouldn't they make gorgeous take home gifts for your guests?
- Use clusters of black and white balloons to reinforce your party's theme.
- It's all about the little details. Why settle for a simple straw, when you can use black and white striped straws featuring customised tags? These ones are available from etsy seller Becca Ann Bond Designs.
Does black and white inspire you? Link up your mood board below. Submissions open until Sunday, 8 September 2013 at 11.55pm.
Next week's theme: GREEN
get the InLinkz code