Confession. I love watching Disney movies...especially musicals. I will find any excuse to pop one on "for the children", then sit there and sing along with them a bit too enthusiastically.
Our newest favourite...
Teen Beach Movie!
Teen Beach Movie recently premiered on the Disney Channel, and is now available to own on DVD! This super fun musical tells the story of McKenzie "Mack" (Australia's own Maia Mitchell) and Brady (Ross Lynch of "Austin & Ally"), a modern-day teenage couple who share a love of surfing.
All is perfect until Mack's Aunt arrives to take her to an exclusive prep school; changing the course of her life and ending her relationship with Brady. While attempting to catch one last big wave before she leaves, Mack and Brady are magically transported back in time and plonked right into the middle of Brady's favourite movie, '60s-era beach film "Wet Side Story"...
As a parent, I was really pleased with the positive messages throughout the film...standing up to peer pressure and for what you believe in, friendship, working together, and challenging the status quo. I was also impressed with the positive body image portrayed throughout the film. There's no swearing, kissing, nor overt violence...making this suitable viewing for many age groups.
Here's your chance to win a copy of Teen Beach Movie for you and your family!
I have two copies of "Teen Beach Movie" on DVD to giveaway.
To enter*, simply leave a comment below telling us...
"If you could find yourself magically transported into any family-friendly movie or musical...which one would it be?"
Disclaimer: I was provided with a copy of Teen Beach Movie for review purposes. No money was requested, nor accepted, for this post. All opinions expressed are those of Lisa Warren of the Life as we know it blog.
*Terms and Conditions
- Entries must be made via Intense Debate commenting system to qualify.
- Entries close midnight, Tuesday 1 October 2013.
- One entry per household.
- Open to Australian residents only.
- Total prize pool valued at $73.90 ($36.95 each).
- This is a game of skill. The judge's decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Two winners will be chosen.
- The winners will be contacted by email, then advertised on the Winner's Circle page here at Life as we know it.
- Life as we know it...will take no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.