Brought to you by Target Australia
How often do you read home decor magazines, and drool over the images, wishing you could recreate the look in your home? For me...it's way too often (um, perhaps even every time!). Just one problem...although I love the looks the designers put together, recreating it can be very expensive! Target makes it so much more achievable due to their great prices.
I was recently reading the February 2013 issue of Ideal Home UK, and came across this really stunning monochromatic room (page 67). Black and white never goes out of style, and with moody grey walls, and a pop of lime, this scheme has been given a fresh and modern overhaul.
The room feature that stands out the most, are the black frames...they look so effective. The mix of sizes, and random placement gives the frames a casual look. Hanging them level with the base of the frames, brings order. Perfect. Now this is a home decor idea I can definitely put into practice.
Thanks to the Massive Home Sale at Target, I'm going to start making those home decor dreams into reality. First to do some planning with a moodboard...
Target Essentials frames are so reasonably priced, and with them currently on sale, they're practically a steal! While I have displayed six frames above, I'll most likely add another. Odd numbers look so much more balanced, don't you think....at least, that's what the design experts recommend.
We have a new beige lounge in storage, waiting to be placed in our soon-to-be decorated family room. It's lovely and deep...perfect for lying back and watching movies. A deep lounge needs loads of cushions. I've selected a few Target cushions in black and white to add some extra drama and comfort. My favourite is the gorgeous little puppy. Black and white can seem such a mature colour scheme, and the pup adds some fun!
Now that I've sorted out the main elements of my design, it's time to add some accessories...
Browsing through the Target Home Decor section online, revealed a huge range of items I could include:
- Target Wall Art will fill the space on the wall opposite the photo frame feature...I do love a bit of subway art, especially when it features inspiring words to live your life by.
- Adding a clock will serve two purposes...knowing what time it is, and teaching the kids how to understand an analogue clock.
- Rugs are a great way to add a little softness under foot, and provide a place for the kids to play or lie on the floor...this cream shag number is perfect for our space.
- A decorative lamp will look fabulous on a sidetable, and provide mood lighting for those nights when you don't want the overhead lights turned on.
- Vases, while beautiful on their own, will be great filled with greenery and for a pop of colour to break up the black and white.
- Lastly, a throw blanket will be lovely to snuggle under on those cool, winter nights...or to wrap the kids in, should they fall asleep on family movie night.
Now for the giveaway!
The Massive Home Sale at Target runs until 20 March 2013, and you'll find loads of bargains for your home too. To help you cross something off your list, I've got a $40.00 Target gift card to giveaway to one lucky reader.
What item would you like to buy
from Target to decorate your home?
Good luck, and happy shopping!
Disclaimer: This post is brought to you as part of a Life as we know it and Target partnership. I received payment and a gift card to spend at Target in store. Product selection is at my own personal discretion and all opinions expressed are my own.
*Terms and Conditions
- Entries must be made via Intense Debate commenting system to qualify.
- Entries close midnight, Monday, 25 March 2013.
- One entry per household.
- Open to Australian residents only.
- Total prize pool valued at $40.00.
- This is a game of skill. The judge's decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- One winner will be chosen. The winner will be contacted by email, then advertised on this post and facebook.
- Life as we know it...will take no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.