It's just a number...or is it?
I'm in two minds about turning forty next year.
Am I worried about it, or feeling all a bit non-plussed?
Honestly, it's just a number.
When I look at myself in the mirror, I don't see a particular age...at all.
I may or may not be in denial.
A milestone number needs to be acknowledged and celebrated. Leading up to the big day, there's a few things I need to cross off my list. I present to you...
- Send my media kit to potential sponsors for BlogHer'13...like right now
- yeah, I wussed out there...maybe I'll try again for BlogHer'14.
- Swim in the ocean and play in the waves
- Picnic at the Twilight Food Markets of the World - Feb/March 2013
- Celebrate my 39th birthday - March 2013 - done
- Watch the sunset cinema
- Learn how to make my own sushi
- Renew my passport...it's been expired for 12 years!
- Learn how to crochet...something, anything
- Speak to my doctor about discontinuing my antidepressants
- Create a family budget and stick to it
- Take a cake decorating course
- Attend BlogHer in Chicago, IL - July 2013...pending no. 1 above
- Sew a single bed quilt
- Read a novel...sadly I haven't read one since my children were born!
- Create a piece of artwork for my home
- Take my lunch to work at least four days a week
- Write for my blog more often, and create a series
- Mood Board Monday launched 19 August 2013
- Refinish Andrew's grandmother's art deco cabinet
- Learn how to use the lawn mower
- Take each of my children out on an individual date
- Reign in my frivilous spending ways and save money
- Get up early to see the sunrise
- Ride a bicycle on the path from Wollongong to Bulli with the family
- Celebrate Melbourne Cup Day at the racecourse - November 2013
- Go on a family holiday - January 2014
- Actually go on a date on Valentine's Day...dinner and a movie, hubby??
- Learn how to braid my own hair
- Spend a night or two in a 5 star hotel
- Go dancing with my girlfriends
- Try a new recipe once a month
- Spend more time with my sister
- File all of my scrapbook layouts into albums
- Drink my first cup of coffee...just to see if I'm actually missing out
- Build a display / organisational wall for all of my costume jewellery
- Make at least 5-10 things I've pinned on Pinterest
- Declutter my home, removing things that aren't purposeful or beautiful
- Commit to living healthier, moving more, and losing weight
- Get another tattoo...a bumblebee...location to be determined
- three tattoos added to my body on 10 September 2013
- Get all festive, and decorate my home for every major holiday/occasion
- Plan one mother of a 40th birthday party for March 2014
Join me on my adventure to complete my...