This week, my nephew celebrated his 2nd birthday! I love creating character cakes, and so I offered to make a special cake just for him. His favourite cartoon at the moment is "Curious George"...that cute little monkey makes the perfect cake for a two year old little boy. I'm going to share with you how easy it is to create a character cake using a template.
Here's what we're making...
You will need:
- rectangular cake / slice tin
- circular cake board or a large plate
- 2 x your favourite packet cake mix
- 1 x tin ready made chocolate icing
- 1 x tin ready made vanilla icing
- yellow food colouring
- pink food colouring
- licorice strips
- cake inspiration photo
Next, cut around the image and place it on top of your cake. Trim around the edge of the image with a sharp knife, and transfer the cake to your cake board or plate. He's taking shape already...