Christeen's Tuna Pie
Serves 4 | 323 calories per serve
- 185g tuna in springwater, drained and flaked
- 3 eggs
- 250g low fat cottage cheese
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2T low fat mayonnaise
- 2T gherkin relish
- 100g low fat grated cheese
- 2T breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- Gently mix together tuna, eggs, cottage cheese, onion, mayonnaise and gherkin relish in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into microwave safe pie dish, and spread out evenly.
- Top with grated cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley flakes
- Cook in microwave on medium heat for 19 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and place under the grill until cheese is golden.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or garden salad.
- This pie is delicious served hot or cold, making it a perfect pie to serve for dinner, and pack the leftovers for lunch.
- The serving size above refers to four adult serves. We cut our pie into smaller pieces to feed the children.