Sweet corn and butter bean soup
Serves 4 | Calories per serve: 172
You will need:
420g tin of creamed corn
400g tin of butter beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium potato, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
5 cups of boiling water
3 tsps Massel's reduced salt vegetable stock powder
Olive oil spray
Sprig of coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat your saucepan with a little olive oil spray, then saute the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the creamed corn, butter beans, potato and vegetable stock powder and stir to combine.
- Pour the boiling water over the top and stir.
- Bring soup to a gentle boil, and cook until potato is soft...approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blitz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Serve with a spring of coriander for a little extra zing!
It couldn't be any easier! This soup is equally delicious without the coriander, so feel free to leave it out...my kids love the soup, but don't like the herbs.
At 172 calories per serve, this soup makes a great snack...or serve up a double helping for meal time. Make a double batch, then divide the soup up into portable containers and take it to work for an easy lunch...this soup will last the week long.