I have been pondering the contents for a number of days, and watching as each of the other participants revealed their projects...wondering what to do. This is one seriously creative group! I wanted to create something that truly reflected my crafty style, and for me, that is a scrapbooking project. Scribble Shop has a huge range of scrapbooking products, available under the category of "Memory Lane" on their site. It sounded so inviting, I decided to take a trip down memory lane to see what other products they had, that I could incorporate with the Scribble Shop challenge box. Just to remind you...this is what I was sent...
You can view my "unboxing" video here.
Here's what I created! A layout documenting my nephew's first Easter egg experience...corrupted by his Aunty Lisa...lol.
Scribble Shop challenge products used:
- American Crafts Glitter Brads - neutral large
- Martha Stewart Glitter - Woodland
- Americana Chalkboard Paint - Black Slate
- Midwest Design Marabou Feathers - assorted colours
- Fabric Editions Fabric Charm pack - Blue/Green
- Feltworks - Green Wool Roving
- Feltworks - Royal Blue Wool Roving
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates (not available from Scribble Shop, but they were yummy!)
- Kraft cardstock
- White cardstock
- TCW Tile Texture Template
- Mister Huey's Mist - White
- American Crafts Thickers - black
- Martha Stewart fringe scissors
- Authentique - Splendid circle type sticker
- Helmar - Fabric Glue
First, I created the background by dabbing the chalkboard paint across my cardstock, and spreading it out with an old store card. Once dry, I misted over the top using the tile texture template with white Mister Huey's mist. By layering paint and mists, I was able to add more dimension to my plain background. Whilst this was drying, I started making my embellishments.
I made the second flower using the tissue paper the products were wrapped in. I punched out a dozen scalloped circles and layered them together, fixing them in the centre with another glitter brad. The layers have been gathered to add dimension to my bloom.
As a special offer for my readers, Scribble Shop are offering you a 15% discount off your entire order at Scribbleshop.com! The code is LFKNOWIT, and is valid from now until 30 April 2012...sound like an offer too good to refuse!!
Head on over to Scribble Shop today and pick your creative supplies. You can follow Scribble Shop here on facebook, twitter and google plus! Tell them I said hello :-)
What do you think you might have created with the challenge box?
Disclaimer: I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with ScribbleShop.com and Blueprint Social. The opinions in this post are my own.