- Which TV character do you think you are most like?
I realise they're not "characters" as such, but I can see myself in every single one of the contestants on The Biggest Loser. Sad, but true.
- What time do you go to bed?
More often than not, I like to be in bed by 9.30pm...but I'm usually awake much later watching television. I do stress out if I'm not asleep by midnight though.
- What was the last meal you made from scratch?
Last Sunday I made the most delicious zucchini slice for dinner. Unfortunately it wasn't as tasty a few hours later when I started vomiting because of a migraine. I couldn't bring myself to eat the leftovers the next day.
- What is your favourite type of music?
I like a really broad mix of music. On my playlist, there is everybody from Dolly Parton to Van Halen to Lady Antebellum to Gym Class Heroes. I'll pretty much listen to anything, as long as I can sing along to it. I do love the 80's most of all though. According to my hubby, music died at 11.59pm 31 December 1989. lol.
- In what position do you sleep?
Always on my side, with my feet outside the blankets. I often sleep with my arm under hubby's pillow...much to his dismay! I once feel asleep with my hand across his face. He wasn't impressed. haha.
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
This isn't my favourite...but it's definitely up there! I remember literally climbing the walls of my neighbours house. The paint had a gloss finish, so it provided great grip. We'd put our hands and feet on the hallway walls and climb up to the ceiling, then slide down making that awful screeching noise. It would keep us entertained for ages...or until we got into trouble. lol.
- What is your least favourite smell?
Apart from the most obvious of foul odours, it's coffee. I hate the smell of it! It smells burnt...and I can't imagine ever drinking it. Never have, never will.
- It's your round at the pub and your friends asked you to surprise them. What drink would you buy and why?
Gee, I'm not much of a drinker, so my choice may be pretty staid! lol. I do like a good bottle of Semillion Savignon Blanc, so I'd probably bring back a bottle or two to share. Perhaps a round of Cosmos a la Sex and the City might be in order for a bit of fun!
- What was the last thing you read/watched that made you cry?
I can't even remember what I was watching recently, but hubby turned to me and asked..."do you want a tissue?". I hadn't even started crying yet, but he knew it was coming. I'm such a softy! I nearly lost it watching Anh Do on "Pictures of You". His life story was so moving, and he tells it so well.
- They say that you learn something new every day. What was the last thing you have learned?
I recently learned that I shouldn't have downloaded "Draw Something"!! I'm completely addicted, and so are hubby and the kids! Andrew and I have been playing against each other, and the kids run between us, giving us suggestions and trying figure it out. Fun for all the family...at least, it's fun for the person holding the iPhone at the time...
- Which Literary love interests would you snog, marry and avoid?
I'd snog either Joe Morelli from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, or maybe Noah from The Notebook, or Garret from Message in a Bottle...both really passionate characters by Nicholas Sparks...swoon. I'd marry Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables...he wouldn't have had to have asked me twice! I would definitely avoid - Edward from the Twilight series! Aside from the fact that he's a vampire, all I would see is that Pattinson fellow in my head, and I don't find him attractive at all!
- Vegemite...love it or hate it?When I was growing up, I absolutely hated the stuff! It was way too salty for me. Now I love it on fresh bread, or toast, but only a scraping of it. When I went on student exchange during high school to the USA, I took a jar along with me for my host family to try, and my host brother was eating it like dip with crackers...I may have vomited a little in my mouth. lol.
- What is your favourite quote/saying?
"Everything's coming up Milhouse!". My hubby and I say this all the time...it can be applied to nearly every situation in life! Thank you Simpsons. lol.
- Paperback, Hardback or Kindle? Which of these is your favourite reading format and why?
I haven't progressed to a Kindle yet...there's nothing like feeling a book in your hands. I prefer a paperback...they're not as precious as a hardback.
- If you could bring back any cancelled TV series for another run what would you pick and why?
I was so sad when Friends finished! I wanted to see the hilarity of Monica and Chandler raising twins, and living in the suburbs. Would Ross and Rachel, and Phoebe and Mike stay together? Would you ever see Ross's kids, Ben and Emma in the same room? ...and what of Joey (oh, that's right, he had that crappy spin off series)...perhaps it's best they ended it when they did.
Linking up with...