- As a family we are at our best when...we work together, we catch up together and we play together.
- We will try to prevent times when we don't listen to each other...when we don't cooperate, we get in trouble because when we do naughty things and we don't listen.
- We will find more time with each other...to play the Wii, cuddle together in the big bed, play board games together, and eat dinner together.
- We will help each family member by...helping each other solve problems, listening to each other, make better use our time together, cooperate with household chores, and take responsibility for our belongings.
- We will help others by...making them feel better. We can go through our things and donate them to charity. Eme suggested giving people back massages...hmmm...
- We will stop procrastinating and start working on...listening to each other, exercising together, go for family walks, take the dog for a walk, and we should clean up after ourselves.
- We will be viewed as a family that...sticks together through thick and thin, as a family that loves each other, and leads positive and active lives. The Warrens are the kind of family you want to spend time with...laughing, talking, and sharing experiences.
- We will fill our home with happiness.
- We will make choices and decisions based on...trust, honesty, kindness, creativity, togetherness, cooperation, supportiveness.
- We will constantly renew ourselves by focusing on...eating healthier, exercising, and playing together; spending time alone to recharge.
- We can embrace each other's differences and ideals
- We can learn from our mistakes
- We can seek out new challenges
- We can laugh
- We can be nice to each other
I must say...I really underestimated Seth and Emeline. Some of the things they came up with were great! So, how do we put this into one statement? To me, a mission statement is a set of rules or guidelines for living, and this says pretty much what I want to say about our family. It embodies the essence what our family is all about...
Does your family have it's own mission statement?
Linking up with...
52 weeks to simplify your life